The product contact surfaces of all multi-use containers, utensils, and equipment used in the transportation, processing, handling, and storage of milk or milk products shall be effectively cleaned and shall be sanitized before each use. Provided, that piping, equipment and containers used to process, conduct or package aseptically processed milk and milk products beyond the final heat treatment process shall be sterilized before any aseptically processed milk or milk product is packaged and shall be re-sterilized whenever any unsterile product has contaminated it.
This item requires that all milk contact surfaces be effectively cleaned and sanitized before each use. The only exception to this is the Ordinance provision that milk storage tanks be emptied and cleaned at least every 72 hours and raw milk and heat treated milk storage tanks use to store products longer than 24 hours and all raw milk silo tanks be equipped with a 7-day temperature recording device.
1. To learn the use of detergents and sanitizers meant for the cleaning of Diary Utensils.
2. To study the scientific method of cleaning diary utensils.
Sodium hydroxide, sodium carbonate, sodium phosphate.
Phosphoric, tartaric, citric acids are milk acids while strong acids like nitric acid is also used.
a) Polyphosphates or Chelating chemical:
These are used together with acids or alkalies. Tetra Phosphate, hexametra phosphate.
iii) Wetting agents:
These are either used alone or in conjunction with acids or alkalies e.g. teepol.
Method of washing:
i) Hand washing:
1. Thoroughly rinse the utensil with clean cold or luke warm water.
2. Introduce suitable detergent solution of 0.8 to 1 percent at 50 0 C temperature into the utensil. Thoroughly brush the surface with a clean brush.
3. Wash the utensil with enough fresh water using a clean brush to remove all traces of detergent.
4. Allow the utensil to drain thoroughly and let it dry.
5. Sanitize the equipment surface by steam or hot water after cleaning or by rinsing with chlorine solution just before using.
|Minimum Order Quantity||100 Kilogram|
|Packaging Size||40 KG|
(DM Water)/ Battery Water
Industrial solvent and in
40 kg can